|Creations Of Cape Cod-Art and Creative Experiences by Linda Dias|
Join us for a Creations of Cape Cod Mixed Media Workshop! Take home a ready-to-hang Cape Cod style cedar wall hanging. Choose from two styes pictured or do your own thing. Linda will provide techniques for texturing and combining paints, Washi tape and paper images. All materials and step-by-step instructions are included. These wall hangings are super easy and make great additions to your home or give as a gift!.
Learn fun and easy mixed media techniques and incorporate your favorite inspirational words.
No experience is needed! Linda will provide step by step instruction for techniques using paint, special art mediums and simple and surprising objects. Create richly textured backgrounds that set the tone and mood of your masterpiece! Get curious experiencing with your favorite colors Play with stamping, stenciling, Washi tape, gel pen and words on your 5" X 15" (approx.) cedar panel.
What are the benefits of a workshop format?
1. This mixed media workshop has a limited number of participants in order to maximize instruction.
2. You can choose from a variety of materials and techniques and create a unique piece of art.
3. Spend quality time with a friend or family member or meet someone new while learning and having FUN!
4. You will take home a ready-to-hang masterpiece the same night. These fun and easy mixed media paintings make a great addition to your one or give as a gift.
What will I learn?
Linda will provide clear, step by step instruction for creating textures, layering, as well as working with color and composition. Learn techniques using acrylic paint, special art mediums and simple and surprising objects to create richly textured backgrounds that set the tone & mood of your masterpiece. Every student’s piece is different and unique. It's EASY & It's FUN!
Can I bring in my own images to add to my painting?
Yes - feel free to bring a variety of images to work with following the tips noted below:
1. There will be plenty of materials provided, however, if you'd like to bring in your own, think outside the box! Images from magazines, vintage books, sheetmusic or photos are great additions to your art work.
2. Consider images of your favorite colors, shapes, textures or things: people, animals, objects in nature.
3. If you're using photographs, choose crisp, clear images that you love and make copies.
4. You will create on a 5" X 15" cedar shingle - so consider images or papers in a variety of sizes (i.e. 4" X 4")
What is provided?
Linda will provide aprons and all art materials needed!
Do I need to bring anything?
No, but if you'd like, bring your own images for the collage elements in your piece. Also, feel free to bring a snack, or refreshment with you-or BYOB (bring your own bottle) if over 21.
Should I pre-register?
Yes. Pre-Registration will save your place in this workshop. Space is limited and you can pre-register on Linda’s website: www.CreationsOfCapeCod.
If you have additional questions, feel free to contact Linda:
n 508 330 8417 or CreationsOfCapeCod@gmail.com