Mixed Media Family Memories Class
MIXED MEDIA Family Memories Class:
Location and date: To be announced.
Create a unique and lasting remembrance of beloved family or friends. Learn fun and easy mixed media techniques - no experience needed!
Linda will provide step by step instruction for techniques using paint, special art mediums and simple and surprising objects. Create richly textured backgrounds that set the tone and mood of your masterpiece! Get curious experimenting with your favorite colors using chunky brushes or your hands! Play with stamping, stenciling, gel pen and words on your canvas. Add collage to your creation using scrapbook papers, greeting cards, sheet music, ribbons…you name it!
What are the benefits of the class format?
1. This mixed media class allows a generous 3 hours in which to create your painting.
2. You can choose from a variety of materials and techniques and create a unique piece of art on a 9X12" canvas board.
3. Class size is small, which allows for more individualized instruction.
4. Spend quality time with a friend or family member or meet someone new while learning and having FUN!
What will I learn?
Linda will provide clear, step by step instruction for creating textures, layering, as well as working with color and composition. Learn techniques using acrylic paint, special art mediums and simple and surprising objects to create richly textured backgrounds that set the tone & mood of your masterpiece. Every student’s piece is different and unique. It's EASY & It's FUN!
Can I choose photo subjects other than people?
Yes - feel free to bring a variety of photos to work with following the tips noted below.
Here’s some important tips on choosing your photos:
1. Photocopies on regular paper work well. I strongly suggest not using original photos, but making copies.
2. Choose crisp, clear photos that you love and make copies that are approximately 5"-8". Consider copying photos in a few different sizes as well. The more images and size variations you bring, the greater your options for layering and experimenting with layering and composition.
What is provided?
Linda will provide art materials (except images of your beloved family and friends) and aprons.
Do I need to bring anything?
Yes.You bring several copies of your photos in a variety of sizes. Also, feel free to bring a snack, or refreshment or BYOB (bring your own bottle) if over 21.
Should I pre-register?
Yes. Pre-registration will not only save your place in this class.
If you have additional questions, feel free to contact Linda though her website or call:508 330 8417.
When should I arrive?
Events will begin on time. Arrive 15-20 minutes prior to designated start time to check in and get settled.